Phosphate Rich Organic Manure (PROM) is a special type of fertilizer used as alternative to single super phosphate and diammonium phosphate.
All plants need phosphorous but it is found in limited amount in soil and cause problem in agriculture. Phosphorous should be added to soil in many areas for complete plant growth which is important for production of crop. Phosphorous was initially used as fertilizer named Single Super Phosphate (SSP) in fertilizer which doesn’t contain nitrogen but has phosphorous as mono-calcium phosphate. The Gypsum is ideal for Alkali soils to reduce alkalinity of soil and to supplement Phosphate.
The high grade rock phosphate is composted in size which is very fine for better agronomic efficiency. It is more efficient to add phosphorous to soil as compared to the use of chemicals. PROM also supplies phosphorous to the nearby crop to improve efficiency.
Benefits of Phosphate Rich Organic Mature
- Provides high quality crop and its yield
- It is a slow release fertilizer
- Improves physical properties of soil like porosity and soil structure
- Supplies all vital nutrients
- Improves nutrients availability in plant and soil
- Binds particles of soil in complete porosity.
- Helps reduce alkalinity of soil
- Improves infiltration and capacity of holding water in soil
- Binds particles of soil in right porosity
- Better soil structure to reduce risk of soil erosion
- Improves soil fertility and health
- Helps control climate change
- Serves as a buffer to reduce damage from excessive alkalinity and acidity of soil
- Used in formation of proteins, amino acids, and oils